Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The "Are you Crazy?" question

I knew it was a risk... sooner or later someone could ask that question... but it was sooner than I expected.
I entered my home this morning, after my second barefoot activity, and found my wife in the kitchen. I quickly turned to the rooms to find my sandals but they were at the other side of the house so I had to admit I went outside without shoes when she asked about my mysterious behavior. She said: Are you crazy?
I really do not remember what I answered but I remember what I said to myself: well, maybe, but who cares!
Here is a tip from Zen Habits for the ones who have not been asked yet!
•Non-conformist: One of the hardest things about walking barefoot isn’t the temperature or possible pain of pebbles, it’s the non-conformity of it all — it’s being worried that others will think you’re a dork, or homeless, or some kind of dangerous radical. And yet, I’ve learned to embrace my non-conformist side, to relish in being a bit different, to be proud I’m not one of the sheep. There’s nothing wrong with bucking societal norms, if it’s for good reason.

I'd rather be the Black Sheep than one of the pack

No comments:

Post a Comment