Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I challenge you to...

I have been running and biking for a while, trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and I would like to encourage my wife to exercise a little bit more as well (Actually, I want to involve my family in a long-term healthy lifestyle). I have been thinking about how to encourage her, but frankly I am not a good motivator.
Yesterday morning, I gave her a pedometer my company provided me as part of a wellness program, and challenged her to walk as much as possible. She accepted it and decided to start her day with a few minutes (around 10 I guess) in an elliptical machine that have been at home almost unused for years (I hate indoors exercise so I prefer to go out even if it is raining cats and dogs outside). It was a positive reaction and I am very excited about it. She reached almost 7000 steps yesterday, which is more than what I expected
This morning she proposed a short walk and of course I said yes. In these two days I have seen real evidence of some of the common tips to get motivated that I have read in many blogs and forums, for example: be challenged, find a partner...
Now our challenge is to keep the ball running!

No comments:

Post a Comment